CCC Tuesday Updates
December 15, 2015
- This Saturday the Chicago Cuttin’ Crew hosts Afterglow – A Cyclocross Race… now with #INSANEDEOMNIUM2015!!!
- Then on Sunday its the 2015 CCC Awards Party, we’re not going to make up some silly story that tickets are selling fast, there’s plenty of room, but please help us and EJ’s Place plan for how much food to make. Winners get their cowbells… and everyone gets something. Come join the fun.
- With the winding down of the CX season here in Chicago the CCC will crawl into its
denevile lair and updates here on the site will be few and far between until summer 2016. Have great winter and ride safely as much as you can. Given the trend in competition over the last few years we expect 2016 to be another fast CX season.
- Want to keep in shape over the holiday and race your CX bike in January??? Well luckily for you USA Cycling is having CX National Championships in Asheville, NC January 5-10. Good luck to everyone traveling and racing!
- And finally… thanks again to everyone who made a series donation this year. With donated entry fees from Melas CX the CCC will make just North of a $2,100 donation to each of our three causes… West Town Bikes, Blackstone Bicycle Works, and Big Marsh. THANK YOU AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Looking forward to this weekend. Doughnut Vault is coming by at 1 and will stay to the end. Dark Matter donated 5 gallons of liquid energy to get us out the whole quickly. A couple first time racers and a few people that came through the program many years ago. #AfterglowCX Thanks Chicago Cuttin Crew and everyone else that makes Afterglow such a great event.
I’d like to say thanks to everyone who helped put on Afterglow. It’s done for a great cause. It’s such a relaxed but fun and challenging race. The course was outstanding this year. It had great flow, using the terrain to its advantage, was taped wide enough to allow people to pass throughout the course. I’ll definitely be back next year.