CCC Tuesday Updates – 20160823
August 23, 2016
- Online reg for Labagh Woods opened over on BikeReg yesterday morning. All other CCC events will open on BikeReg on Monday September 5th at 10am.
- Interested in being a CCC series sponsor? Read our sponsorship proposal and email us at ChicagoCrossCup@gmail.com.
- Rad lady and all around CX badass Maria Larkin sent us some info about the Trek CxC Cup Junior Girls Cyclocross Clinic…
- Where: Trek CxC Cup @ Trek Factory Headquarters, Waterloo, Wisconsin. Registration and meet up will take place at the chalet near the back parking lot on McKay Way. Please allow plenty of time to navigate traffic leaving Chicago on Friday evening.
- When: 5.30pm, 9/16/16. The clinic will last 1 hour with some time for questions for Kaitie after we’re done.
- Cost: FREE
- You must be:
- – A junior girl aged 9-18 Cat 2/3/4
- – EXCITED ABOUT CYCLOCROSS!
- You must bring:
- A cyclocross bike (preferred) or Mountain Bike.
- A helmet.
- A USAC license (if you don’t have a license you can purchase a one day license online when registering or day of)
- We will supply:
- The Trek CxC Cup Course. You will be doing drills and skills on the challenging UCI course set up for the weekend’s racing.
- Multiple time (junior and U23) National Champion, and 2015 World Cup podium finisher Kaitie Antonneau (Cannondale Cyclocrossworld)
- PIZZA. We know you’ll be leaving after (during) school on Friday so we will provide water and snacks for the riders after the clinic. If you have any dietary restrictions please email us; email@example.com
- Registration Link: https://www.usacycling.org/register/2016-2699
- Other Info:Trek has gone to great effort to provide a learning and racing environment for girls at the CxC Cup. We encourage you to make the most of the weekend and get yourself and your daughters signed up to race. The skills that Kaitie will be teaching are best put straight into practice!
- And finally… want to help out with the series or maybe just have a comment or idea? Email us directly at ChicagoCrossCup@gmail.com.
I was wondering if any of the events in the series will have a kiddie race this year. Those have been very fun in the past. I know it’s a tight schedule but hopefully at least some of the events will have these “races.”
John, plan on the Carpentersville race to have a kiddie race ran by Elmhurst Masters team with huge thanks from Jeff and the Main Street bikes shop.
We had one up at LaBagh last year, and I reckon we’ll do it again this yeah. For more details the Race Director of that event is Sadie Scheer.
Thanks for the info. For me at least it helps to know well in advance as I have to plan things quite a while in advance. If this could be put on the flyers/race announcements that would be great. Thanks a lot.