2019 Hopkins Park Preview
October 3, 2019
– UPDATE as of 11:04am Friday 10/4/2019 — We are headed back to Indian Lakes Hotel (250 W Schick Rd, Bloomingdale, IL 60108). Hopkins Park has received +10 inches of rain since last weekend and the land managers have asked us not to hold the race there. Comrade Cycles will design a new course, different from last weekend’s xXx Racing tractor pull. Please help us spread the word. Other details TBD and will be posted here and Twitter as we receive them. Look for an email via BikeReg in your inboxes later today. Thanks for you patience and understanding as we deal with this significantly adverse weather.
– Comrade Cycles takes us back to Hopkins Park in Dekalb, IL.
– The weather forecast has been clearing
and as of right now there are no anticipated changes for a venue change. BUT, as we saw last week, parks can change their minds at the last minute and Comrade Cycles may have to act quickly. So, please check back here regularly, follow us on Twitter, and watch your email inboxes in case something changes and we have to scramble.
– Thanks again to all our series sponsors, riders, spectators, parents, pets, etc who make our little series possible. This all wouldn’t happen without out you, so THANK YOU!!
– Online pre-reg on BikeReg closes tonight here.
– Remember those riders who pre-register will have their unofficial results emailed to them by One2Go Event Services. One2Go will also be posting live results on LiveLynx Results as riders cross the finish line each lap.
Parking : The course crosses the road so it will be closed to through traffic. There are three parking lots in the park. One of them will be accessible from the park entrance at the stop light, East Dresser Rd. The other two will only be accessible from the other park entrance just West of the light. Should all the parking in the park be taken up there is a lot on the other side of Sycamore Rd. with a pedestrian tunnel that brings you back into the park. Please see the map below.
– Staging: At the second race of the series the front row is staged by CCC series point, and then everyone else is staged by CrossResults points. Answers to all of your questions are in our FAQ here.
– Preliminary staging will be posted here tomorrow.
– Kenny will be presenting podiums for all categories, immediately after each race (except Juniors). He also takes requests for his playlists.
– Ladies: Remember if you raced last weekend to bring your series long cloth number you raced with. Even if you missed the pre-reg cutoff last night you’ll still be assigned the same series long bib number. The only exception is for the Single Speed category (sorry).
– Check-in: Also remember EVERYONE still has to check-in on race day so we know you are there. Regardless if you have a series long bib number or not.
– Food: Dave’s Slow Food will (still) again be onsite all day.
– Kiddie Cross at high noon.
– Weather: We should have great CX temperatures, but its been raining… a lot… so please plan accordingly.
– We’ll have a post up here on the site Sunday afternoon where you can post links to your photo galleries and videos so everyone can see them and themselves on Monday morning. People also use those posts to ask if anyone picked up their jackets on the start line.
– The Course: TBD
Race director and course designer Josh Arends changes things up again this year, making even more use of Hopkins Park. The course below is subject to change though depending on wet ground conditions. As is typical of Hopkins Park, expect the track to be fast and flowy if the ground isn’t too soggy. Runs clockwise.
Question: If we were not going to race in DeKalb due to distance but just heard that the race is being held closer, can we forgo the penalty of race day registration of $10? Would love to know.
We’ll say no, but you can always ask at Reg on Sunday.
I thought Ground Hog day was a Psimet thing?
It’s called #ilrcx … check it out